Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chinatown and Little India, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Malaysia is a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural country for it has three main races namely Malay, Chinese and Indian that is why this country is well know for the beautiful cultures. It was my second time to visit Kuala Lumpur but during my 1st visit I just manage to stay there for 2 days because of work. This time I stayed over the weekends and managed to roam around and see what the Capital has to offer.

Kuala Lumpur is your typical hectic city that one could enjoy is he or she is used to all the buzz. During my two day stay in KL we manage to go to have dinner in Chinatown and Breakfast the next day in Little India.

All of my friends know that I love Rou Gan (Chinese Jerky) that I first discovered in JB. They told me that it is only sold during Chinese New Year and the only place where I could find it all year round is in Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur. It stuck into my mind and as soon as I found out that I am going to KL for work the image of Rou Gan appeared into my mind. Aside from the Rou Gan I also wanted to see what Chinatown has to offer as this place is also popular for good but cheap food. Foreigners were also here to shop around and buy as what we call in the Philippines “pasalubongs”.


Petaling Street also known as Chinatown 



My favourite Rou Gan or Bakk wa (please correct me if I’m wrong my Chinese Malaysian friends) 


What attracts me the most is the lighting as it reminds me of PubStreet in Siem Reap, Cambodia 




I once had that Dora full bangs that is so hard to manage but I am grateful that I once tried it in my adult life. J 

Ice Shaved Taro for our dessert


After our escapade in Chinatown they took me to Little India to have breakfast and of course my sweet tooth will always win so I ended up ordering Roti Boom which is composed of their famous Roti (Bread) with Sugar and Maple Syrup in some restaurants. Normally people would consume it with curry but not for me I like it to be plain and simply sweet that I am used to. :-) 

Welcome to Little India 


This is the normal Roti without anything inside. It is consumed like the normal bread that we Filipinos are used to. 

My ultimate love: Roti Boom (again my Indian Malaysian friends please do correct me if my spelling is wrong) :-) 

Curry? Anyone? 

I love the colours of this place. Everything is so lively 

Sorry but the sun is killing my eyes!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment