Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pontian Noodles, Johor Bahru, Malaysia


All of my friends know that if I have a favourite food in a restaurant I would not try any other foods in their menu and I will keep on ordering the same thing no matter how many times I go to that specific restaurant. True enough when my colleague introduce me to Pontian Noodles, their Black Sauce Noodles is what I always order. Why? Because of the fact that it is very new to me and it is the only sauce in their menu that is not spicy.
 
Pontian Noodles originated in a town called Pontian 60 years ago. It is considered as the most popular handmade wanton (wan tan) noodles so you must devour yourself in this kind of food. Normally the Wanton noodle is served with a soup on the side and some meat which is good enough for RM 5.30. Since the fried wanton is only 2 pieces I recommend you to have one more set as it is worth trying. They also have some ice-cold desserts but I tried some previous and to my dismay it did not pass my pallate. I also like their refreshing Lemon/ Calamansi Jelly Ice as it is a good pair to the Wanton Noodles which I always order.
 
Since I have a very weak tolerance for spicy foods, the Chili Black Sauce for me is quite spicy as for Malaysian it has the normal level of spiciness. So if you are like me then better stick with the Black Sauce. If you feel like a dare devil with a love for spicy food then Tomato Sauce is a must try. All in all I love Pontian Noodles so much that whenever I am in Malaysia or Singapore it a must place to eat in.
 

Welcome to Pontian Noodles!
 
It is a very inviting place as the colour speaks what I am trying to say :-)


It is common for Noodle shops to have a soup spoon and chopsticks. If you are not used to using chopsticks (like me) then they have spoons and forks to help you enjoy your meal



 
 
Black Sauce Wanton Mee Noodles + Soup

Refreshing Jelly Ice

Fried Wanton with Mayo and Ketchup/Chili
There are a lot of Pontian Noodles around Malaysia so wherever you go there is one near your site. Go and try one now! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment