Tuesday, June 24, 2014

SIAL Food Convention, World Trade Center Manila, Philippines

It was my first time going to a convention for it was part of my work. Supposedly my workmates would also come but due to lack of time (for they were very busy) they just asked me to come and check out what is happening so I could get to know some of the other players as well in the food industry.

An entrance fee of P350 must be paid and they have given me an ID and a bag where I put the pamphlets and things which I have bought inside. Most of the companies in the event ranges from Food Ingredients company to end-use market. In addition to this it was not only those companies which you could find here in the Philippines but also from other Asian Countries, most of which are from China and Korea. Wine companies could also be found in this event, but I did not really go into their booth since this is not my main target. My main target is to learn more on the food industry and mainly more on some more innovation which would help me think outside of the box.

What I like the most about the Convention is there is a lot of free samples and taste! I end up eating a lot of chips, cupcakes and ice cream. My favourite Avocado Ice cream from FIC is there as well and they are giving free samples with any flavours you want!!! I literally came back twice there. There is also some wine tasting for those people who wants to try.

Leslie's snacks 



their Cucumber is to die for. Syrups made in France

DVG syrups. :-) 

Good for those who wanted to start a business 

P25 of Graham Balls 

Workshops! 





P350 is not bad to pay for a convention because you would learn a lot as well as eat a lot. I cannot wait for my next convention which will be soon! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment