Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Filipino Community in Malaysia

Leaving your family and friends in your hometown is hard, but starting a new life in a new country is harder. I am lucky enough to go to a place where people taught me how to live and do things on my own. It was not hard, because they loved me and scolded me as their own little sister. Because of that I didn't even feel any kind of home sickness when I was starting. It might be because of the constant communication with my family or it's just that I feel loved by the people around me.

Ofcourse it's not only the Filipino people who loved and took care of me, my colleagues from my work also treated me very well. Without them I would have not survived and learn a lot.

During my last days in Malaysia, I was very surprised and I didn't even know that a party will happen. I, to tell you the truth, do not have the slightest clue that this would happen. Until now I don't know how they did plan it. I usually use my colleague's laptop (Benedict) if someone is using our desktop and I sometimes could see his emails (but of course I don't read it). So if they have planned it using the email I would have seen or maybe they changed the title into something formal or boring. So anyway when I went back I was surprised to see my colleagues (friends)! It was my second time to have a party like that.

Ok not all are Filipinos. Some are Malaysians and Indonesians 


Ate Gen!!!

The team from Regulatory, R&D and Category Tech. 

My two closest friends in R&D

with our Chi Chi Liana. :-) 



Ate Gen, Ate Ritchie and Ate Steph

Because it was a very memorable night for me 
 It was Ate Ritchie and Ate Steph who planned this surprise party for me. They all did cook my favourite dish which I have not enjoyed a lot because of all the happiness that I was feeling that day. They took care of me like their own child. They gave me a lot of advises and love that I will forget.  These two do not know how much I love them so I am saying this now that no matter what nobody could replace you two. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment