Friday, July 4, 2014

Holiday Inn, Batam, Indonesia

Just 2 hours away from Johor Bahru Malaysia is Batam, Indonesia, a place where people go to have a vacation for a short period of time. Usually this is also the place where tour companies take their clients (the tourists) for it is near Singapore and Malaysia. It's like hitting two birds, well in this case three birds, with one stone. From Singapore or Malaysia port, you need to take a 1 1/2 to 2 hour boat ride to reach Batam, Indonesia. There are beaches here if you want to take a dip. It is 1 hour behind Malaysia and Singapore time by the way.

Holiday Inn, is where I chose to stay in Batam as I am familiar with this hotel. It's quit cheap actually for it is only MYR 175 per night. But then I thought that I got it really cheap for it is near a lot of places and then I was wrong. From the Port to the hotel, you need to ride a taxi for 30 minutes away from the city centre. It's fine with me as long as the hotel is near the beach. When I ask the receptionist how far is the beach from the hotel. She just said that it is near, yes there is a public beach near the hotel but it was very bad. I am really sorry to say that it was the worst beach I ever saw. Why? Because it has a very very small shoreline and people could not swim in my opinion. You could just ride a boat and go around in circles near the shore. According to the taxi driver the real beach that I wanted is 1 to 1 1/2 hour away from the hotel and it cost RM100 to go and come back. So a stay and swim in the hotel is what happened during the two days stay.

Hotel Lobby

it's my first time to have millions!! 

She bangs she bangs!!



A drink at night

Chocolate Milkshake for me 


What I like in their Hotel is their big pools. Their main pool. 

Jacuzzi 




Lap pool
 The hotel itself is good but the only problem is it is far from the centre and far from the beach. There are no near restaurants in this hotel so you are forced to buy expensive food inside the hotel as well as the massage. Although the massage is very good and the place is nice it's still expensive (RM125).

I think this hotel is good for those who just want to spend their time inside hotel and for family ones but for those who wants adventure I suggest you book another hotel which is near the beach. Will I come back here again? No... like what I said before even though the hotel is good it's too expensive as it is far from restaurants and far from the beach. I learned my lesson after this to research very hard when having a vacation. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment