Saturday, July 12, 2014

Universal Studios Singapore, Singapore

Universal Studios is the first place to visit for families, friends and couples whenever they go to Singapore. Sub-divided into seven zones namely: Hollywood, New York, Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt, Lost World, Far Far Away and Madagascar. In order for you to enter you must pay SGD $74 for Adults, SGD $54 Children (4 to 12) and SGD $36 for Senior Citizens for 1 day. They also offer 2 day pass so you will not miss out any rides because of the long queue. In addition with this if you do not want to queue up, you must pay additional for the express pass. 

My Family went to USS twice already but I did not join them the second time around because I have been there already and I find it very tiring. Tiring because of the heat and all the lining up. As you enter the famous logo of Universal Studio will welcome you where most of the people take picture. (Ok ok it's outside the USS) 

1. Hollywood Zone 
- the only attraction here is the Monster Rock, a show that everybody could enjoy. This was our first ride and boy was the line long. The ride is a train ride which showcase the Sesame Street Characters about their search for meatballs. Most of the shops like restaurants and souvenirs could be found here. So you could see a lot of people spending!

Universal Studios Globe 

Hollywood Zone! Your adventure begins here 

My dad, brother, sister and Mom with Po from Kung Fu Panda

2. New York Zone
- Lights, Camera Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg is a ride which shows how movies are made. The main target of this attraction is the Hurricane. You can really see that making a movie is really expensive with all the props and effects!
- Stage 28, what I know about this ride is it's sound effect. I cannot remember if we did ride this or not.
Our favourite Characters! 




3. Sci- Fi City 
- Battlestar Galactica, when my family went here it was only me who rode the ride and it was so fun. I was previously afraid into riding roller coaster but hell it gives me the adrenaline. I would not recommend for a second ride in one day because of the line! hahah 
- Transformers The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle, one of the best ride ever in USS, if only I have an express pass I would take a ride all over again! 
- Accelerator, we did not manage to experience this one.

Boy they have a very good balance! I must say 
I know my mom is very tired! haha. 

The crazy line in Transformers 



4. Far Far Away Land 
- I know young girls felt very happy seeing this castle. Yes I also dreamed of becoming a princess one day when I was young that's why I love Princess Diaries a lot! 
- Shrek 4-D Aventure, the only attraction we manage to get into. It's like watching a movie with again  water, wind, heat and touch of a frog. My first time in a 4D attraction 
- Enchanted Airways, if only I know that there is a roller coaster ride in this place I would have gone in. So lesson learned you must always look at the map! 
- Donkey Live, we did not manage to ride this one as well! 

A very very beautiful castle! 

This time we did buy a pillow! My sister by the way cannot have those furry stuff toys because of her allergy so these pillows would be a good choice


5. The Lost World
- there are a lot of rides here which everybody could enjoy. The first one on my list is the Water World, it is again like the other attractions where you could watch how the film is made.
- Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure, Canopy Flyer, Dino-Soarin, Amber Rock Climb- these are the attractions again that we did not get into.

Water World! 
6. Ancient Egypt
- Revenge of the Mummy, according to my friends this is the best ride or attraction for them! We did not manage to ride it because it was getting later already and the line is freaking long! So maybe you could try it. One of the best so far according again to my friends.
- Treasure Hunters, a ride for children so we did not go in.

7. Madagascar
- my sister and I rode the Madagascar: A crate adventure, but it was for children so since my sister is not that young anymore both of us did not enjoy the ride. Though I think children will have fun seeing the characters from Madagascar
- King Julien's Beach: Party-go-around, I am a sucker for Carousels but since it would awkward for an adult like me to ride alone for my sister doesn't want to, I ended up not riding it.


If you are not going to buy the Express Pass you will definitely not go into all the attractions so I would suggest that you buy the Express Pass or the two day pass so you could enjoy all the rides. But if you are planning to go again next time then it is fine.

I am a Carnival Kid so I love USS a lot. This is the best so far for me. :-)

Location and Contact Number: 
8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
+65 6577 8888

Operating Hours: 
Sun to Fri: 10am to 7pm daily
Sat: 10am to 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment