Saturday, September 20, 2014

City Tour Phuket, Thailand

After two days of going to different beaches it’s time for a City Tour in Phuket. Aside from the beach Phuket has a lot more to recreation and places to see. We decided to go to a one day city tour in Phuket.

Actual Expense: (per person) 
Tour with Van pick-up to and from the Hotel                                THB1,000/ PHP 1,363/ USD 31

First Stop is the Phuket View Point, where you could see all the famous beaches in Phuket. I did not get a very good picture because there were a lot of tourist taking photos we only have limited time to stay there. Here you can see the bays of Kata Noi, Kata, Karon and Kho Poo Islands. 

So yeah I just took a very narcissistic photo in the Phuket View Point 
Second Stop: We then proceed to the Elephant and Monkey Show where a baby elephant is trained some tricks that is very entertaining. The baby Elephant can shoot some hoops, ride a bicycle, and massage you. What I do not like about this is that after the show they chain the Baby Elephant. I was hoping that they could just let them roam around at one point. After that we watch the monkey show which also show some tricks. Lastly we rode an ATV to get us to the place where you will ride the Elephant. 

I was a bit shocked when the baby elephant massaged me


Third Stop: Big Buddha. This is the biggest Buddha monument that I ever saw in my life. The place is actually big and beautiful. As you enter the place you must be very respectful by being quiet and wearing long skirts or pants. Good thing I brought my scarf to cover-up my legs. A lot of tourist come here to see the Big Buddha but some also come here to pray. What fascinates me the most is the bells in the trees. I find them very beautiful and amazing as there are prayers written in the bells. 


Written here are prayers mostly about love and family 

Our tour guide told us that People write here their true love’s desire 


Big Buddha 

Fourth Stop: Pearl Farm, Bee Farm and Cashew Farm. There is not much actually to see here. It’s more on a place to buy your souvenirs such as pearls, jewelries and foods. I bought some cashew nuts in Barbecue flavour and it’s actually nice.


Bee or Honey Farm 




Fifth and Last Stop: Wat Chalong. I have only seen few Buddist Temples in the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore so this place for me is a very very Beautiful place! The architecture and the design is amazing and one of a kind. It has intricate details that would surely make your mouth say Wow. This place by the way is where almost all the young Monks are. They are trained and taught here with strict supervision. We also saw a couple having their Pre-nup photos in the place and I must say that is definitely the place to have your memorable photos taken.



No comments:

Post a Comment