Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sunway Hotel, Penang, Malaysia

After a long day at work it’s a must to stay in a comfortable hotel keeping your mind and body relaxed. It was my second time to stay in Penang and that time I stayed there for 1 week for some work. Since there are no more Deluxe room with King sized bed they upgraded me to Premier Room which has access to their Club Room, bigger space and of course more freebies! 

I may not be a pro in reviewing hotels but Sunway is not an extravagant hotel that will make your mouth say wow. It’s just a simple yet humbling hotel which is clean and comfortable. From my previous reviews clean and comfortable is the most important thing for me. The room is a normal sized room with your standard hotel room needs such as coffee, tea, water, magazine and news paper to name a few. I actually like the bathroom as it was a bit spacious rather than that of the deluxe room. Their toiletries are pretty much normal unlike that of Renaissance which has a very captivating packaging. Now going out of the room they have a gym if not mistaken but I was not able to  go there because of time constraints and yes because I just want to sleep and stay in the room. 

Breakfast, is basically what I look forward to in my stay in hotels. Apparently they do not have a wide choice of breakfast everyday that’s why if you will be staying in this hotel for 1 or 2 weeks you might probably go out to have breakfast during the weekends or so. They offer 1 to 2 choices per cuisine like for example: Japanese Cuisine- Tuna Sashimi and Miso soup. The good is that they have the normal staple breakfast items like eggs, breads, fried rice, Nasi Lemak etc. They also have fruits partnered with my favourite Sour Plum powder.


Toiletries! 

Since there are no more rooms with one King sized bed, a double bed is fine as long as its comfortable. 



Wooden interior that is soft and relaxing in the eyes 

Crepes!! They have my favourite crepes!!! 

Nadya!!! She also has some work to do so we manage to go out and have dinner :) 




A nice view of Penang. I love Penang! 

Going out to buy some foods to take home! 


Selamat Hari Raya! I manage to go to Malaysia during Hari Raya Celebration


Will I come back again? 
For work yes because it’s near our office but for Holidays I would rather go somewhere near the beach area for I heard that there are some nice beach in Penang. It’s really a place for sleeping and relaxing but not for a vacation.

Location and Contact Information: 
Sunway Hotel Sebarang Jaya
11, Lebuh Tenggiri Dua, Pusat Bandar Sebarang Jaya, Prai
13700 Penang, Malaysia
Tel: 60 4 370 7788
Fax: 60 4 370 0555
Website: http://seberangjaya.sunwayhotels.com

Budget: 
-including breakfast

Deluxe Room                                         RM 287.10/ PHP 3,948/ USD 89
Premier Room                                        RM 304.50/ PHP 4,187/ USD 95
Club Room                                             RM 348.00/ PHP 4,785/ USD 108

No comments:

Post a Comment