Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Patong Beach, Phuket Thailand

After a long day of island hopping, the best way to end the day in Phuket is to watch the sunset in the beach. We were lucky enough to see the beautiful orange and purple sky with minimal clouds. When we arrived in Patong beach the sun loungers have already been kept, good thing I brought my shawl with me for us to sit. Everything is so serene in this place and I wanted to stay longer. 

After going to the beach, we roam around and ate dinner. Aside from the usual barbecue we tried Thailand's famous food "Pad Thai" which is composed of egg, thai noodles, onion, garlic, chili, chicken and etc. Since I do not eat spicy food, commonly pad thai is spicy, I asked them not to put the red and green chili and the taste is nice! It's always a nice thing to eat in these kinds of places because you can taste the local cuisine. People from all walks of lives eat here to experience what Thailand has to offer.  

Another good thing in Thailand is everything is cheap including the souvenirs. I bought 3 pouches for my family which cost about P45.00 or $1 USD. Pretty cheap right? Ofcourse an elephant figurine is also a must to buy. If you know how to haggle like me then you are in the right place. Though you are a foreigner you can haggle for they usually give high price to the foreigners well I don't want high price! Haha. 

Thai Baht and Philippine Peso are almost the same 

The starting price for these figurines are a bit steep but if you know how to haggle then you can get it for a cheap price. 
Muay Thai (Thailand Martial Arts) is well know through out the world that's why Muay Thai fans can go to Phuket Thailand and watch a live fight. We did not go because of the price and also I do not like seeing people in a fight

People are starting the clean up the beach and the sun loungers. You actually need to pay if you want to sit in the sun lounger so if you have a cloth and shawl you don't need to pay and you can enjoy the scenery up close 

 Beautiful Sunset
Time to go now! So hungry! 
Barbecue time! The price is same in the Philippines as well. The only difference is in Philippines we have thick sweet or spicy sauces while in Thailand they have curry as a sauce 
Padthai at its finest! A must try in Thailand! 
This is Thailand's Songthaews (two benches). It is like a small Jeepney (Philippine's version). If you want to go around then this is the ride to go in but I find it very expensive for 1 ride cost P300!!  One of the main reasons why people here use motorbikes. 
Will I go back again? 
Patong Beach is beautiful! So it's a definite yes for me. If only we have more time in Phuket then we could have seen a lot more on what Phuket has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment