Friday, August 22, 2014

Dinner in Phuket, Thailand

Phuket, Thailand is one of the places to go to in South East Asia. If you are a beach bum like me then Phuket is definitely the place to be. Cheap, Relaxing, Fun- these are the 3 words which could describe my stay in Phuket for 4 days and 3 nights. After reaching our place we went out to find a place to eat. 

If you are looking for something Authentic just go out in the street and there are a lot of restaurants which sells fresh seafoods! Whenever we are in another country we always go to the street side restaurants. Why? because it is cheap and it's the real taste of a homemade local cuisine. 

Sweet and Sour Pork, Calamares and their famous Mango Sticky Rice are the dishes which we tried. Sweet and Sour Pork and Calamares is just ordinary for we can get it from other Asian countries as well but the only difference is that they serve their viands with edible flowers which is common in Thailand.  The Mango Sticky Rice can only be bought here (but I have seen some thai restaurants selling as well in Malaysia and Philippines) is to die for!!! Mango Sticky Rice basically is made of rice, mango and coconut milk which makes the rice stick together. It's sweet and the mango is so fresh and sweet as well. Same as that here in the Philippines. 

After having our dinner we decided to walk around and then spotted a crepe stall. Normally I can only see crepe in Restaurants or in the mall but here it's on the sidewalk! Ofcourse I bough one and lucky me they have my favourite Banana Chocolate Crepe. They also have other types of Crepe which you could choose at. One thing is it is delicious but cheap! To end the day a bottle of beer is a must! The beer here is cheap and the taste is good. If I remember correctly one bottle of beer cost around P40 or RM 3.00.


Sweet and Sour Pork with edible flowers on the side 
Calamares with edible flowers on the side as well 
Mango Sticky Rice!!!!
Watermelon shake and beer. 
A lot of foreigners eat on the street side as well because of the good food 



Big and delicious Banana Chocolate Crepe. Nice and cheap! I wish we have it here

Ending the night with beer 
Will I go back here again? 
Wrong question because I want to STAY here! I want to eat in Phuket everyday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment