Thursday, August 7, 2014

Empire State, Woodlands Square, Singapore

Janine has been my friend since College/University days but we have seen and been together since elementary. We didn't or I didn't know that we were in the same service (ride) before and we (or I) just learned about it when she saw our house in the Province. She has been working in Singapore for quite some time now but we only got the chance to see each other this year when I needed to go to their Church. 

I regret the fact that I have not find a way to see her last year when she started working in Singapore, we should have spent a lot of times together! Well according to a Filipino saying "Nasa huli ang pagsisisi", I made a point to have a snack with her near her place so it would not be a hassle for her. We started looking for a place to eat in Woodlands Square and being booth Sweet tooth we decided to eat in Swensen at first but the line is long so we went to the Empire State, a Western Restaurant which serves your typical American meal like burger and fries. What attracted us the most is their wide array of desserts. From the American Restaurants which I have been to this restaurants has the most desserts in their Menu! 

Janine and I ordered Empire State Sizzling Boston Brownie and Caramel Walnut Banana Pancake. Comparing both desserts, I like the Empire State Sizzling Brownie's more because of its very chocolatey taste without your usual peaky burnt cocoa end note which I usually find in cooked brownies. The Caramel Walnut Banana Pancake is just alright but it was not appealing due to the lack of caramel. Maybe an addition of caramel would make it nice and sweet. But since I like sweet things for me the caramelic sweet taste lacks in the pancake. 

So happy to see my Janine!!! :-) 



Their wide choices for dessert alone!






Thought the presentation is not that good, the taste is really superb! 

A bit more caramel and this pancake will be delicious! 

Sisters forever! 

Will I come back? 
Yes I will! I still want to try a lot on their menu! I hope Janine and her friends will dine here again! :-) 

Location and contact details: 
1 Woodlands Square #02-10/K10 Causeway Point 
+65 6893 2976

1  Seletar Road #02-04 Greenwich V 
+65 6483 7249


Opening Hours: 
Mon to Sun               10:30 am to 10:30 pm (Causway Point) 
Mon to Sun               10:00 am to 10:00 pm (Greenwich V) 


No comments:

Post a Comment