Thursday, August 28, 2014

Trader's Hotel, Penang, Malaysia

Penang, Malaysia is best known for their delicious and affordable food. I manage to stay 1 whole day previously in Penang because of work and now I stayed for 1 night again for work. It was my first time staying in Traders Hotel. The hotel is ok but not that fancy considering that it is owned and operated by Shangri-La Group. It is located in Georgetown which most people in Penang called the Island. 

I arrived around 8:00 am in Penang, went straight to work and check-in around 10pm after work. I did not have time to roam around and eat breakfast since I woke up pretty late and I need to check-out at 8:00 am for I need to fly back at night after work. Yes, I know it's tiring but that's work. Anyway since I didn't have the chance to roam around the hotel. I would just blog about the room. 

Traders hotel in Penang is quite old. They have a small elevator which does not need to use a card unlike those new ones in Kuala Lumpur. Like what I have mentioned from my previous blogs it's ok with me if I have small room but I need to have clean towels and sheets. They manage to give the things that I wanted so its fair. The room basically has a television (which I do not open) since I really don't like watching television, a sofa, bed, table, refrigerator and a small bathroom with everything you need. 


Big Bed for me 



I wish I could have swim in their pool 



Will I go back again? 
No. I think it's too expensive for me since I have been to other hotels which has bigger room and more freebies rather than breakfast. I think you only pay for the name that's why it's quite expensive even though it is paid by my company. If not for work I will look for cheaper hotels which delivers the same as Traders Hotel.

Location and Contact Information: 
Traders Hitel
Magazine Road, George Town, Penang
10300, Malaysia
Phone: (604) 262 2622
Email: thp@tradershotels.com
Website: http://www.shangri-la.com/penang/traders/

Budget: 
- I got lower rates than the prices stated below for we have corporate rate
- all prices include Breakfast

Deluxe                                       P5,000/night
Traders Club Room                   P5,600/night
Executive Suite                         P8,300/night

No comments:

Post a Comment