Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Magnum Manila, SM Aura, BGC, Philippines

Ever since the Magnum craze in the Philippines I know that there will come a time when they will open a specialty store for it and yes it was true! When SM Aura opened Magnum Manila is among the stores which captured the eyes of Filipino for dessert. I made it a point to visit this place once I came back from Malaysia. 

Previously people said that you need to queue up for a long time to get a table or just buy the take-away/ take-out make your own Magnum ice cream. Since the craze has subsided when me and my cousin went there the line was not long. I think we were 5th on the line so it is still fine. I thought that they only serve dessert but when we went to order they also told us that they have just started serving rice meals, pastas and viands! We did not order any meals because we are here for the dessert. 

Magnum Manila offers different desserts made or paired with their magnum ice cream. The creation is great as it really is designed and made by a the delicate hands of a Chef. Since we do not what to try we opt to order the Magnum Fondue for two composed of 2 magnum ice cream, vanilla and chocolate, a chocolate fondue, fruits, breads, marshmallow and brownies. The presentation is good but the taste is ordinary. In my opinion the chocolate fondue which people go for is too cocoa. It has the rich cocoa taste but for a Filipino, most of the Filipino I may say, like sweet chocolatey fondue. If given a chance we would have ordered another dessert since they have a wide array of choices. The experience is nice but I expected more.


with my cousin Ruby choosing from single serve Magnum creation 

Magnum Fondue for Two (P550) 
Chocolate Fondue with Magnum Vanilla and Chocolate 

The whole set 





Will I come back again? 
Yes but not that excited since I will just be trying their make your own Magnum. I expected more from their menu though. I find it over priced. 

Location and Contact Information: 
Magnum Manila 
5th Floor, SM Aura Premier
C5  Road Corner 26th Street 
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Philippines 
Tel num.: +632 8697916

Budget: 
P150 to P500 per person 


No comments:

Post a Comment